App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T10:13:02+00:00

    Hi, I have tried new outlook and I have an IMAP email that does not allow to connect, it loads when adding the account 'waiting for your email provider'. It will not add the email account so i need to use the old mail app, but it is forever spinning and when I use the old Mail app, it force installs the outlook new app aeven when i uninstall it reappears. Advice please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-07T19:09:06+00:00

    Weird Microsoft installs the new Outlook application but still keeps in place the Mail and Calendar app? Can you confuse users anymore Microsoft?

    I got the app originally on a new laptop I uninstalled it and then when the OS updated to a new release version I got it installed again!

    It's not that big of a effort to uninstall again, but I really should not have to on a basic Windows 11 upgrade that apparently does not respect my current app configuration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T20:39:06+00:00

    You will need to create it. They are not going to make it that easy :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-28T16:24:55+00:00

    Please have a look at this article, it may help:

    Use Classic Outlook, not New Outlook (slipstick.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments