App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-28T12:30:37+00:00

    I have Microsoft 365, with "full" Outlook on my private machine, for the rare case I need to check my work mailbox and the "Outlook (New)" is **** compared to it. For private mail I use Mozilla's Thunderbird, which is also much better than the "Outlook (New)". I also used the Mail app and it was also better than "Outlook (New)", but now it's basically being blocked.
    For whatever reason "Outlook (New)" gets force-installed and sometimes even auto-run on my machine, which pisses me off. It pisses me off even more, as it also forces itself on my kids, who don't necessary know how to deal with it.

    I don't need that app. I don't want that app. I don't want to try it (I already did). I don't want to see it. I don't want it listed among my apps. I don't want it auto-installing on my children's Windows accounts.
    How do I stop it from coming back?

    Preferably in a way, which will work on Windows 10/11 Home/Pro.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T21:45:27+00:00

    Microsoft have disabled the ability to add IMAP accounts so that basically makes it unusable for a vast majority of people who have their own businesses, their own domain name or a third party IMAP provided email address. It worked before but you clowns disabled it. I'm guessing so you can charge us once you've disabled Mail.

    Let's see if that decision sticks once you get slapped with another law suit over this debacle. Or another nice big fat juicy fine from the EU for your underhanded tactics in this matter. There is zero reason the Mail app needs to be disabled. It's just your company forcing us to use the new Outlook so you can spy on us and sell advertising through the 'features.' Just like you're doing with Edge opening PDFs.

    Microsoft just paid billions for the Microsoft Teams debacle. You'd think you clowns would have learned form that mistake.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T23:33:06+00:00

    Add me to the list of people who are pissed that Microsoft keeps putting Outlook on my computer. I tried it when it first came out with a nasty bug that deleted all of my contacts when I switched. I went back to Mail and Calendar, and as lacking as it is, it is much better than the "ad supported" Outlook. Now they are installing this automatically and replacing it on the taskbar as well. I have uninstalled 10 times. I went through attempts with Co-Pilot that tried like hell to get rid of it, too. I DON'T WANT IT. I will go to another email client altogether if they can't stop this sh*t. I have to have a gmail account for my android phone, so I may just go to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T20:13:21+00:00

    Rajmin

    Know this... The app project lead doesn't care that we all hate this, 'you will get it'. You should start looking for a non-ms alternative because it is the only way it will stop downgrading to "new outlook" which is designed to force everything to outlook.com and let them monetize you emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments