App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T15:56:14+00:00

    Please stop shoving outlook down our throats. Nobody likes it. I have uninstalled several times and it keeps automatically reinstalling itself and tries to

    replace my windows email when I open "mail". I did not authorize it as my default. You are going to push people away from using any of your apps by doing this when you launch new outlook as the only option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T01:26:25+00:00

    This reply was a waste of our time.

    Microsoft I do not want this app to auto install in my enterprise environment how do I stop you from doing so?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T20:53:35+00:00

    There is no "Use New Outlook" line in the registry in that location you specified.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T21:34:52+00:00

    glad you got it back. Microsoft seems bound and determined to force an inferior web-based product that skims our data, passwords, etc., so sooner or later we probably will need to look elsewhere for our e-mail client. I haven't tried it yet, but Mozilla's Thunderbird is on my short list. Looks a lot like the current classic desktop Outlook client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments