Hotmail keeps asking for credentials on android phone

Anonymous
2024-01-29T15:07:31+00:00

I have the Blackberry Hub and associated apps (password keeper, calendar, mail etc.) Installed on my android phone. For the last week when I open mail, I get a pop up asking me to verify my credentials for my hotmail account. It takes me to the account management screen where I have to enter my password. When I do so, I get the same pop up asking for credentials again. However, at certain points during the day, the account works fine and I get mail. This has happened before, but either entering my password worked, or it corrected itself the same day or next. I also have my Gmail and Sympatico email accounts in the Blackberry mail hub, as well as text messages, WhatsApp and Instagram . They all work fine. Since many other ppl have had the same issues with their hotmail account, it's definitely not the Blackberry Hub and Services that are causing the problem. Since you are in the process of transferring Windows mail to Outlook, which will affect hotmail accounts but not gmail etc., I'm wondering if this is the problem. My hotmail account works in Outlook and when I log in on the internet. I don't have a problem switching my hotmail account to Outlook, but I still want it to appear in my Blackberry mail hub.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T20:24:24+00:00

    Kathy and update on this original issue?

    i now have the same issue as others

    I managed in May to resolve this issue,not it wont allow me to add Hotmail account onto Blackberry Hub.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T21:11:17+00:00

    i followed instructions posted by another user and they worked. I had to add my Hotmail account to outlook first, which means you have to have the outlook app on your phone (annoying). Once I did that, I was able to add Hotmail account to the blackberry hub.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-25T14:58:59+00:00

    Lilian Hulme-Smith

    Found a app that works Try Bluemail.

    something that allows access to Hotmail accounts without all the pain from microsoft.

    myself still using Blackberry. not interested in Iphone etc

    what a pain free solution. having been asked repeatedly for password and not allowing access to Hotmail, all over emails still work on the Blackberry Hub. Googlemail,virginmedia etc.

    suspect its a MS pushing people onto there 365 office,same as messages when MS done a update.

    no problem i have a SMS Organiser which is 100% better..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T20:07:22+00:00

    Consant request to re-authenticate every day even with Bluemail.

    Have been using Hotmail since day one.

    Getting to the frustration level of switching to another non Microsoft email..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments