Hotmail keeps asking for credentials on android phone

Anonymous
2024-01-29T15:07:31+00:00

I have the Blackberry Hub and associated apps (password keeper, calendar, mail etc.) Installed on my android phone. For the last week when I open mail, I get a pop up asking me to verify my credentials for my hotmail account. It takes me to the account management screen where I have to enter my password. When I do so, I get the same pop up asking for credentials again. However, at certain points during the day, the account works fine and I get mail. This has happened before, but either entering my password worked, or it corrected itself the same day or next. I also have my Gmail and Sympatico email accounts in the Blackberry mail hub, as well as text messages, WhatsApp and Instagram . They all work fine. Since many other ppl have had the same issues with their hotmail account, it's definitely not the Blackberry Hub and Services that are causing the problem. Since you are in the process of transferring Windows mail to Outlook, which will affect hotmail accounts but not gmail etc., I'm wondering if this is the problem. My hotmail account works in Outlook and when I log in on the internet. I don't have a problem switching my hotmail account to Outlook, but I still want it to appear in my Blackberry mail hub.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:53:06+00:00

    Thx I'll try that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:50:54+00:00

    Hotmail/Andrid sync hasn't worked for several days - really frustrating - I pay for this. @Microsoft - please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:33:05+00:00

    Lilian, All i can suggest is what i did. Having tried endlessness to correct the Hotmail notification coming up on my Blackberry hub.

    If you remove hotmail from BB Hub and add again:

    1. add account

    2)add an email account

    3)add email address and click manual setup NOT NEXT

    1. Account type: choose POP3

    Install as pop and follow the

    Pop Server name

    Pop port

    Pop encript

    Then it goes to smtp

    And follow same as

    Smtp name

    Smtp port

    Lastly select encript starttls.

    If this doesn't work for you. unsure as it worked straight away for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T14:35:49+00:00

    * Merged

    The previous thread on this question has been closed so I'm asking again. On my android phone I keep getting a red banner across the top of the screen saying hotmail account settings have to be updated. When I re enter password, it goes back to update settings. A few weeks back, it actually worked but only lasted for 4 days before the banner came back.

    Hotmail works fine in the outlook app on my phone, on my laptop and tablet, and even though I get the red banner, mail still comes through in blackberry hub on phone, it just takes longer.

    I don't want to use Outlook on my phone because personalization is limited, and calendar doesn't have a month view.

    I like the blackberry hub because everything is in one place; email from all accounts, whatsapp, texts, Instagram, Facebook etc.

    I don't want to have to open another app to read hotmail. Even in phone outlook, you can add other accounts, but you still have to switch between accounts to see mail associated with that account.

    Previously in the closed thread it has been suggested to use an app password which didn't work and ppl who deleted hotmail, were not able to get it back.

    I recently got a suggestion to change IMAP and SMTP settings. Interestingly, on my hotmail account the page ends after IMAP settings, but on my Gmail and ISP accounts, the SMTP settings are there.

    I've had previous pblms with hotmail in the past, but they resolved themselves within a day or two. This most recentcl issue started around the same time that Microsoft indicated that they were switching from mail to outlook.

    It's clearly not the blackberry hub that's causing this problem as everything else is working fine. Does anyone have a suggestion that actually works and hasn't been mentioned before?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T18:45:36+00:00

    Good luck, I've only today having spent weeks ignoring the password reminder. This has drove me up the wall trying to fix.

    Install as pop and follow the

    Pop Server name

    Pop port

    Pop encript

    Then it goes to smtp

    And follow same as

    Smtp name

    Smtp port

    Lastly select encript starttls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments