How do I insert folder link in new outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-03T22:26:20+00:00

How do I insert folder link in new outlook? When I go to Insert- hyperlink button there is only web url option.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T04:42:09+00:00

    Hi MS,

    When is this feature coming back ? Hope it's soon. Many people use it daily.

    or provide a alternative for the same net result

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T16:56:25+00:00

    I was able to find a work around using some HTML code. If you insert a hyperlink in the New Outlook, for web address type "File:///" + you file path the link will work for people you send it too as long as their drives are named the same as yours.

    Eg. File:///M:/SomeFolder

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T18:00:31+00:00

    I was able to find a work around using some HTML code. If you insert a hyperlink in the New Outlook, for web address type "File:///" + you file path the link will work for people you send it too as long as their drives are named the same as yours.

    Eg. File:///M:/SomeFolder

    Hi Mason,

    Thanks for this oldie-but-goodie reminder. Note for those using this technique:

    • Right-click and Open Link. (The standard CTRL+ didn't work for me.)
    • Bypass the Microsoft error message that a link to your own Microsoft Enterprise network is unsafe. (!) Click Yes to open link.
    • The link is use-able either way the path is typed: File:///Y:/Folder OR File:///Y:\Folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T18:47:39+00:00

    I was able to find a work around using some HTML code. If you insert a hyperlink in the New Outlook, for web address type "File:///" + you file path the link will work for people you send it too as long as their drives are named the same as yours.

    Eg. File:///M:/SomeFolder

    I still don't understand why this isn't fixed yet and is forcing us to use a work around to get something done in the new Outlook.

    I'm however very thankful for your help to link an internal server file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T01:48:12+00:00

    agreed!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments