email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T11:32:04+00:00

    Hi Polly,

    Did you find any solution for that, actually I lost my confidential attachment after replying acknowledgement. How can I recover it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T21:24:33+00:00

    I have had this problem for years. Sure would be nice is someone could fix it, seeing as they know all about it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T07:35:40+00:00

    We are in February 2025 and the design has not evolved.... I'm experiencing this issue with outlook after 5 years of gmail at my work that used to work great. Can't believe they're still not fixing it.

    Please Microsoft, just keep grouped all the attached file in a conversation. Is that so hard?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T14:14:09+00:00

    I figured out that if we copy subject line from the original email with attachment and paste it in search bar, it opens original email with attachment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T23:54:52+00:00

    I always need to open outlook web to see attachment. This is so frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments