email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T14:28:59+00:00

    Has there been a fix to this? My new job uses outlook and many coworkers are CC'd in emails. If one person responds to an email with an attachment with a "thank you" or whatever, I can no longer view the attachment/parts quote.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T15:20:57+00:00

    In following the steps suggested by the tech guy above, I was able to restore attachments. I had to go to old version of outlook to follow the steps suggest. I also turned on the attachment preview and conversations grouped....I now have them in the same thread, whereas before they were just gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:33:43+00:00

    Seems like this worked. I turned a couple off and then back on again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T23:32:04+00:00

    Why would they give instructions only for the app? Half the time Microsoft replies with solutions only for the traditional web-based version, other times for the new web-based version, and yet other times for the app! I cannot understand why there are so many separate options for accessing Outlook that have such different interfaces and rules. Please respond to customers with responses that take into consideration their points of view and access needs, not those of Microsoft developers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T12:06:25+00:00

    not at all helpful. There is no option for this on my version.

    My solution (I am confident it is not uncommon) is that I am going to switch to Thunderbird, and if that does not keep my attachments, I will try another (does gmail work properly?)

    this has been a crazy waste of time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments