email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T10:19:07+00:00

    Hi,

    How do you get back on the ‘old outlook’? That would be awesome!

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T13:23:59+00:00

    On the top right there is option to turn off new outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T08:10:09+00:00

    This is utterly ridiculous. I received a quote by email, pdf attached. Replied, accepting. Now can't find the quote anywhere. How do people do business like this? Have spent half an hour searching every way I can think of. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T08:14:08+00:00

    Hey I've solved it...do an advanced search and tick attachments box, who from, date etc. It comes up on a different tab showing the attachment, which you can click on. Heavens above! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-12T22:41:36+00:00

    I have this same problem. I am being included with a number of people in an email with an attachment. One person responds all then the attachment is gone. The suggestions don't work. Please fix the program so that the attachment doesn't disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments