email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-30T12:58:03+00:00

    This worked for me, thank you. However, it is still such a convoluted way to get to attachments that I'm afraid I won't remember what I did next time. Frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T18:19:55+00:00

    Had to troubleshoot this issue for my father (his work had just recently upgraded to Win11 and all that new stuff).

    On the main window, go to the “View” tab, in the messages section open “Conversation Setting” dropdown, and check “Always Expand Selected Conversation”.

    Each email, received or sent, will have their own listing on the inbox under their conversation, with attachments accessible.

    There is no reason for this not to be on by default other than for unnecessary simplification. This might not be the fix for everyone, but it was for us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:53:23+00:00

    I agreed. it doesn't work. Microsoft should be more responsible in fixing such minor issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:51:41+00:00

    Hi Microsoft,

    I have been encountering the same issue while replying. then I did changes as you have suggested in first line. unfortunately, it goes as attached entire e-mail item. not as an attached original item. it is more concise when it appears like when forwarding an email. please provide a solution to the item to be attached as in individual file when replying to an e-mail.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T08:48:01+00:00

    did not work

    With so many people having the same issue surly there is a fix coming.

    When is the fix coming?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments