email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T20:45:28+00:00

    Hi Amy,

    Was your problem fixed by changing the settings?

    I am experiencing a similar problem….

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T07:23:03+00:00

    is the deleted attachment recoverable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T01:08:28+00:00

    Exactly!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T08:29:22+00:00

    Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

    After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

    Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

    I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

    I have had a similar issue with attachments disappearing when I receive an email that has been sent to a group of people and someone else replies. The solution I have found is that when I use the search function for emails from the person who sent the original email, the attachment shows and is available to view / download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T16:51:25+00:00

    Recentrly i experienced the problem that for a email i had sent years ago that contained a pdf attachement, and that is sure the attachement was received, i could not see the pdf file anywhere while using the browser (chrome) in a laptop. This email was part of a reply chain. I tried to use the android app and there i could see it right away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments