email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T20:16:50+00:00

    I finally accessed a 'deleted' attachment by clicking on the paper clip (attachment icon) while the message was highlighted. It looks like this-- (see attached picture)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:53:23+00:00

    I agreed. it doesn't work. Microsoft should be more responsible in fixing such minor issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:51:41+00:00

    Hi Microsoft,

    I have been encountering the same issue while replying. then I did changes as you have suggested in first line. unfortunately, it goes as attached entire e-mail item. not as an attached original item. it is more concise when it appears like when forwarding an email. please provide a solution to the item to be attached as in individual file when replying to an e-mail.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T14:21:16+00:00

    If I send an email with an attachment I want to be able to see the attachment when my recipient replies. I can't force them to change their settings. Gmail allows this and Outlook used to. I just want to be able to look at what I sent when I get a reply so I don't have to go back to my sent folder and find what I sent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:33:43+00:00

    Seems like this worked. I turned a couple off and then back on again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments