Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
It would be helpful and appreciated if Microsoft could come up with a resolution for this. Seems like many people are frustrated by this.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.
After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.
Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?
I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It would be helpful and appreciated if Microsoft could come up with a resolution for this. Seems like many people are frustrated by this.
Totally agree. I've been asked to review vital legal documents. Replied to sender's email saying I would do so, now the attachments in the original sender's email have disappeared, there's just an image of the attachments file names at the bottom of the original email. So every time I receive an email, I must now save any attachments before I reply or forward. Great, so much for "features to optimise your time " or some such marketing waffle.
Does anyone at Microsoft actually live in the real world?
Why would they give instructions only for the app? Half the time Microsoft replies with solutions only for the traditional web-based version, other times for the new web-based version, and yet other times for the app! I cannot understand why there are so many separate options for accessing Outlook that have such different interfaces and rules. Please respond to customers with responses that take into consideration their points of view and access needs, not those of Microsoft developers.
Has there been a fix to this? My new job uses outlook and many coworkers are CC'd in emails. If one person responds to an email with an attachment with a "thank you" or whatever, I can no longer view the attachment/parts quote.
Had to troubleshoot this issue for my father (his work had just recently upgraded to Win11 and all that new stuff).
On the main window, go to the “View” tab, in the messages section open “Conversation Setting” dropdown, and check “Always Expand Selected Conversation”.
Each email, received or sent, will have their own listing on the inbox under their conversation, with attachments accessible.
There is no reason for this not to be on by default other than for unnecessary simplification. This might not be the fix for everyone, but it was for us.