Outlook emails get moved to drafts folder as I'm composing the email

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:27:04+00:00

As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).

It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T23:41:20+00:00

    i can't find the file tab.

    • Select click file tab >  options > mail tab > save messages section.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T15:18:17+00:00

    I have this same Issue. I tried to follow the instructions ..

    (- Select click file tab > options > mail tab > save messages section.)

    However, none of these tabs exist on my Microsoft 365 outlook pages anywhere.

    Can we please get a fix for this as I'm being driven bats**t crazy by this every time it happens..

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T04:34:59+00:00

    this is happening in the new outlook

    When you work in a busy job, you often leave the email open and finish it later in the day, this issue is causing me issues. I don't want my drafted emails to close automatically, I would like them to stay open until such a time as I have finished writing the email or until I close and save as draft..

    The auto close, makes you think you have sent the email. Plus it is closing and going to draft when you are still get snips of information from other sections to put in the email, which may only be 30 seconds.

    Please advise how do we address this issue, I don't want my drafted emails to close automatically

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T15:07:23+00:00

    YES!!! I've literally missed so many email that I THOUGHT I sent. :( VERY bad for business.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T14:57:39+00:00

    We are experiencing the same issue.. Emails are staying in the drafts.. sometimes we're sending them multiple times.

    Outlook 365 is just so darn buggy.. I can't believe they're so pushy when it's so buggy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments