Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
No. They are totally ignoring this thread.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).
It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
No. They are totally ignoring this thread.
Did we every get a proper answer to this? IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.
This keeps happening to me on 'Outlook Online' when I go to change a spelling mistake on a word within an email, it will move to drafts and close the email...over 20 times a day at the moment.
Does the fact I'm using a wifi keyboard have anything to do with it?
Thanks
Rich
Yes, @Eben-Ezer,
I asked on April 18 and have never received a reply, HOW DO YOU FIX THIS ON A MAC???? Sorry for screaming, but it doesn't seem that there is anyone out there who cares about this issue for a Mac, so I'm wondering if I'm yelling into the ether?
Belinda
This is happening to me frequently. I have narrowed it down based on some research and it has to do with the internet connection in my case since it is coming from a Satellite and running into remote desktop software.
If I put in the recipient and the subject and move immediately to start to compose an email. I get an extra draft for no reason or the original email I was composing goes to archive.
Again, these don't seem to be that big of a technical issue. I don't understand why it takes MSoft a year to fix things.