Outlook emails get moved to drafts folder as I'm composing the email

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:27:04+00:00

As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).

It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T20:08:43+00:00

    SAME ISSUE- VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN TRYING TO WORK- DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T05:22:15+00:00

    This is still happening to me and everyone I have spoken to that is using the new Outlook app on PC.

    You click respond and start writing the email. In the past if you clicked out of that email it would stay in your inbox for you to go back to, now it instantly gets filed into drafts. So I am constantly thinking I have sent the email as in the past when you press send it would go back to just the email you had received in your inbox. But now the draft disappears into the draft box and you forget about it as you presume you must have pressed send.

    Can you please let us know if this will be fixed?

    I have tried to include screen shots but it wont let me upload them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T15:39:41+00:00

    Hi, please can you respond to this query ...

    Thanks

    Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T16:55:55+00:00

    Hi,

    This issue is still happening to me via Outlook online. It seems it is still happening to people on the Desktop App too.

    Can you please provide a response.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T16:52:21+00:00

    Hi Eben Ezer, I have the same issue as Sandy and it still persists when I use a new Profile.

    Jeremy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments