Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Where are the controls to do this on the latest version of outlook on the mac? Your directions in step 2 don't apply. Thanks.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).
It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Where are the controls to do this on the latest version of outlook on the mac? Your directions in step 2 don't apply. Thanks.
Hello Sandy,
Good morning!
Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.
Please Sandy, let me know if the issue still persists after try the Amgad Abdrabbu suggestion
We look forward to your reply. We will continue to assist you based on the information you provide. I sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation. SincerelyEben Ezer Tres | Microsoft Community Moderator
> If you experience this issue on the Outlook app: