I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T18:05:45+00:00

    If you right click on the calendar app icon in "new" Outlook, you can choose "Open in New Window" :)

    Haven't figured out how to pin it to the task bar yet though...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T20:49:09+00:00

    Here's my workaround for this issue:

    • Create a txt file on the desktop with the following lines:

     <br />

    <div><hr /></div>

     <br />

    • Save it with whatever name you want (I called my HorizontalLine.txt)
    • Make sure you're showing file name extensions in windows explorer and then rename the file and change the extension on the file to html instead of txt.
    • Open the file in the browser
    • Highlight the empty space before the line all the way down through the empty space after the line
    • Press CTRL+C
    • Go to your email and place the cursor where you would like the line and press CTRL+V

    And since you saved this file to your desktop, it's always handy when you need a horizontal line in Outlook 365 online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T00:42:36+00:00

    To keep it within outlook.....create a new email and put in subject = Horizontal Line. Then use Carl Klima process to copy a horizontal line (or copy a line from an old email) and paste it to the new email. Close the email and choose save when prompted. Now you can always jump to draft and open the email to copy the horizontal line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T12:42:11+00:00

    That's even better! Thanks Hugh!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T19:26:31+00:00

    I used to use to insert by holding down shift and dash and then hitting enter. Please bring that back!

    I send emails on behalf of groups/people often and this was super useful in making the email easy to ready and so that they can see who to contact.

    it is a very helpful feature I hope you bring back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments