I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-21T01:56:46+00:00

    hello microsoft

    i am very much missing this feature as well..

    please include soon as i will go back to the old outlook for now

    best regards

    davina

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T21:35:42+00:00

    I'm in the same boat as Daniel Felix2. Our company is trying to switch to the new Outlook, but features like inserting a horizontal line are still required for many of our employees, so please add that feature back in future releases.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-13T23:31:50+00:00

    I've found that using --- as a shorthand way to add a line also doesn't work in new Outlook. And without quick parts, I can't add a quickpart for --- to insert a line either..

    I keep trying to switch to new outlook, but honestly it feels like they took outlook and tried to make it more simple to use, which is great, but only did so by removing features.

    Anyone found a good way to replace quick parts? I rely on it heavily in my day-to-day so I may end up switching back until I figure that out..

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T18:29:30+00:00

    Same issue here. Noticing quite a loss of functionality with New Outlook. Attachments, horizontal rules, editing options -- not ready for prime time, you guys. Keep working on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T03:35:53+00:00

    I have the same problem. I often right click to copy and insert text or links into email drafts using the old Mail app. The new one won't do that. It is a big loss in convenience and functionality. It's also very cumbersome to manage multiple email accounts in the menus. I haven't found a way to pin the new Outlook Calendar to the taskbar either, so I am forced to go back through Outlook email to open it. The widget is not as useful. The separate calendar app is better unless there is a way to open new Outlook calendar separately.

    The old Mail app is way cleaner and easier. I tried the new Outlook for over a month and ditched it. I plan to hang onto the old app as long as possible even though I have to override the constant reminders to switch. If the functionality issues aren't fixed, then I'll move and use something else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments