I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T15:59:47+00:00

    I use this feature ALL THE TIME! Definitely add this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T19:45:12+00:00

    Same issue here. As well - all the columns are gone from the top mail bar (size, attachments, categories etc. All my signatures are gone. Lots of features have been removed and is so incredibly frustrating. Its like they went backwards 15 years. Please don't release a new version when its so lacking. This is so unproductive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T19:26:31+00:00

    I used to use to insert by holding down shift and dash and then hitting enter. Please bring that back!

    I send emails on behalf of groups/people often and this was super useful in making the email easy to ready and so that they can see who to contact.

    it is a very helpful feature I hope you bring back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T12:42:11+00:00

    That's even better! Thanks Hugh!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T00:42:36+00:00

    To keep it within outlook.....create a new email and put in subject = Horizontal Line. Then use Carl Klima process to copy a horizontal line (or copy a line from an old email) and paste it to the new email. Close the email and choose save when prompted. Now you can always jump to draft and open the email to copy the horizontal line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments