I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T15:50:57+00:00

    Discovered this thread when sending an item to a coworker, led me down a rabbit hole just to discover this feature does not exist on the New and "improved" Outlook.

    They probably will not add, which is not helpful at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T15:16:17+00:00

    I have to say the pathetic update to OUTLOOK is useless but I found a solution. I went back to CLASSIC Outlook. All my functions are back, I can enter a horizontal line in an email again, my Notes, are back in Outlook where they always were and in the organizational lineup I placed them instead of having to scroll endlessly trying to find in a list. Category tags work properly, the email heading columns are back so I can sort how ever I want... All the things I came to depend on are there.

    Classic Outlook was, and still is good and no reason to even attempt to continue to struggle with the New Outlook which as I stated earlier seems to have gone backwards 15 years in functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T12:21:29+00:00

    I agree this is a very useful feature I use frequently and is another annoyance of the new Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T21:25:10+00:00

    8 months later....crickets!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T13:50:05+00:00

    Please make this an option, it is super helpful and would only improve the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments