I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T18:23:27+00:00

    You can create one in Word then copy and paste it over. Fastest way I've found

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-29T12:07:00+00:00

    Thank you for the great idea, you can save the file direct from notepad as .html, also you can bookmark it in the browser, so you can open it fast without needing access to your desktop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T21:58:49+00:00

    Please bring back the horizontal line!

    Looks like the return of this functionality has been requested by the community for a while. How hard can it be?

    My workaround is to have a draft email containing a horizontal line in the body I can go to easily and copy and paste it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T12:59:42+00:00

    Another option, draw a line in powerpoint, copy and paste into outlook.

    I do like the new outlook and its new features; hope it continues to evolve with some of the basics like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T09:19:53+00:00

    I totaally agree and have lso gone bck to Classsic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments