I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T11:50:33+00:00

    I second Daniel's question/request; please add an option for inserting a horizontal line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T20:10:27+00:00

    I still use the old outlook. I reverted back after trying the New outlook preview after a week last year. Have all my functionality again. That being said recently have LOOP whatever that is, and Tasks appears to be the new version- both incorporated into the old classic outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T19:35:08+00:00

    Agreed! And if I'm not mistaken, support for classic Outlook ended last year, so how in the $!%* is "New" Outlook still in a preview state? And how freakin long does it take? It's been out for quite some time now, and basic functionality should have been written in prior even releasing it as a test. Line doesn't work, Rules barely work, Search works on a good day, Templates work - on a good day. Too much to list here, but it really is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T18:41:51+00:00

    Dear Daniel,

     

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

     

    Based on your description regarding "I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?". After thorough research and testing I found that you are definitely right. This particular setting only exists in the classic Outlook and is not yet available in New Outlook for Windows at this moment.  The New Outlook is in a Preview state, and they are still working on the platform/foundation of the application itself. At this stage of the development, luckily If you heavily rely on this feature, you may consider toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview for now.

    However, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, your suggestion is very helpful, and I believe it could make the use of New Outlook even better. We will surely raise your concerns to our Product Development Team and hopefully this can be included in the future updates. In the meantime, we sincerely recommend you post your concern as an idea to our Outlook feedback site via Outlook · Community (microsoft.com) our Product Development Team are committed to enhancing the customer experience by continually examining suggestions to include in the design and development of future product upgrades based on your suggestions. Hopefully your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Customers’ feedbacks are always valuable for us. Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

     

    Best regards,

    Inema |Community Moderator

    Why even bother introducing the new Outlook if all functionalities aren't available! The new Outlook is not effective and a waste of our time management.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T17:59:33+00:00

    Workaround! Go to Google Docs, insert horizontal line, copy, paste into email or Word doc.

    Very much missing this feature in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments