I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T15:44:14+00:00

    Hello,

    Here we are a year later, and still this issue persist. I there really an effort being applied by MS to resolve this issue...along with all the other limitations and bugs that have been noted in this forum as well as others? As a recent victim of being converted to the new Outlook, this along with not being able to insert symbols or basic shapes as with all the other MS apps, has a real impact on efficiency for using this version. What was the intent of introducing this version? Clearly was not as an improvement for the users.

    I would gladly revert to the old version but I have been advised that is not possible due to the size of the Outlook data base file for doing so being limited to 50GB. I had no problem before, but nothing but problems since 'toggling' the new Outlook....and NOW cannot go back. How typical.

    Is there or is there not a plan to resolve these issues and 'bugs'?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T00:44:06+00:00

    I solved it by writing my email in Word 365 and adding a horizontal line from the Borders dropdown menu. Then I Copied everything and pasted it into the email in new Outlook, and it worked.

    I am continuing to use New Outlook as last year I found the Classic version suddenly stopped recording my Sent emails, and that was a disaster.

    Neville Fursdon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-09T17:47:55+00:00

    Looking for this feature to come back as well...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T16:49:08+00:00

    So are you going to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T12:28:43+00:00

    There's a feedback item on this, vote for it here:

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/a1200900-44da-ee11-a73d-6045bdbdc092

    23 votes as of April 14th, 2025. Let's go 🚀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments