I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T12:28:43+00:00

    There's a feedback item on this, vote for it here:

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/a1200900-44da-ee11-a73d-6045bdbdc092

    23 votes as of April 14th, 2025. Let's go 🚀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T20:10:27+00:00

    I still use the old outlook. I reverted back after trying the New outlook preview after a week last year. Have all my functionality again. That being said recently have LOOP whatever that is, and Tasks appears to be the new version- both incorporated into the old classic outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T19:35:08+00:00

    Agreed! And if I'm not mistaken, support for classic Outlook ended last year, so how in the $!%* is "New" Outlook still in a preview state? And how freakin long does it take? It's been out for quite some time now, and basic functionality should have been written in prior even releasing it as a test. Line doesn't work, Rules barely work, Search works on a good day, Templates work - on a good day. Too much to list here, but it really is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T19:06:03+00:00

    Yes, many of use the "Insert Horizontal Line" function frequently and don't want to have to hunt around for it. Cannot for the life of me figure out why it would have been removed in the first place. The horizontal line function in Word is so poorly executed, that I often draft in Outlook -- using the horizontal line function -- then cut and paste into Word. And then you go and get rid of that function in Outlook. Software companies definitely have trouble handling the old -- and still very true -- maxim: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T20:44:36+00:00

    This is an excellent option for the desktop version of the software. This works perfectly.

    However, they still don't have this option available in the web version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments