Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Totally agree, my workaround is to press the windows key. this brings up the task bar & start menu,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.
With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).
You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .
Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0
<Changed to a question>
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Totally agree, my workaround is to press the windows key. this brings up the task bar & start menu,
Totally agree, my workaround is to press the windows key. this brings up the task bar & start menu,
This doesn’t work in Win 11
Unfortunately resizing the window is only a temporary solution. On my computer it reverts to full screen after a day or two. Don't know why, but not willing to risk the smooth operation of my other applications to fiddle with it somewhere in the OS.
Mike, thank you for the useful work-around. It remains regrettable however, that Microsoft released an upgraded Outlook that breaks one of the more useful features of the operating system.
Mike, I second that! MS said that I need to reduce display scale to 125 from RECOMMENDED 200. It doesn't work, plus I cannot see anything. I have used the window resize, however I have to do it each time I restart the computer. MS also said it is a hardware issue. I am using a MICROSOFT Surface Book 3. I have the identical problem on a Dell XPS.
I have been a Beta tester for 17 years. MS had never before blown me off like this. BTW, I was forced to download New Outlook (not beta) when I reset the Dell.
It "sort of" works in my install of Windows 11, but you have to press and hold the windows key for a while. It is irritating as hell to get used to a particular way of working in windows over a span of nearly 35 years and then experience a change in the OS that alters how you have to work in just one productivity application.
Previously changes like this have either been minor and almost un-noticeable, or they have affected all applications in a uniform way so that adapting to them is quick and easy, and generally there has been some sort of setting that could be tweaked to keep the OS working in them familiar way. But this one really messes up my workflow and even with my most flexible and imaginative brain cells running at full power I just can't see any rational reason why Microsoft broke this feature.
Maybe this is just Microsoft's little way of trying to push us oldsters out of the workforce.