new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T08:06:40+00:00

    I had the option to revert to the old Outlook. That seems to work without problems and I'm more at home there.

    In the process of changing and checking for solutions, the MS solution was to use the Windows key, a very frustrating alternative!!

    BTW: I returned to using Outlook and One-Drive about a month ago after a few years using non-MS products. Mostly OK so far although One-Drive also does not always sync as I would expect. Again, difficult to find support documentation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T16:04:12+00:00

    Have you fixed this issue yet? It is annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T05:59:10+00:00

    I am so insulted that the suggestion from Microsoft is to use a workaround!!!!!!! Windows user since windows 3.1. Just fix this problem, it is not a hardware issue it is a software issue. No other program of many hundreds on my PC display this issue of not being able to see the hidden task bar. JUST FIX IT!!!!

    This is totally unworkable, Microsoft need to look at peoples feedback and actually address the issue which they clearly created. Its right up there with forcing me to upgrade to windows 11, I DO NOT WANT TO. please provide a button so I can stop using work arounds to stop this malicious activity attempting to upgrade my system without permission. I did not want to upgrade to the new outlook but was forced. I do not want to upgrade to win11 as my pc works just fine in win10. Just fix this stupid issue microsoft would take a decent coder about 20 minutes I'm sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T14:00:51+00:00

    Having the same issue and don't think work arounds are the answer. Microsoft needs to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T00:10:32+00:00

    Agree sooooo much! Come on Microsoft, hire some coders to fix. It'll take an hour and an update. An upadate that would actually be worth it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments