new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T14:56:09+00:00

    Clearly Microsoft has NO interest in fixing this. It is also clear that no one at Microsoft actually uses Outlook because it they did, the problem would have been corrected by now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T14:43:18+00:00

    Hi, Cedric_LG

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you!

     

    According to your description, I understand that you are experiencing an unexpected issue with New Outlook for Windows - For business.

    Regarding your concern, would you like to give an attempt for Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support.

    If the issue persists, in the meantime, as a workaround, would you like to give an attempt for reverting back to the previous version of your Outlook? - How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com).

    In addition, would you like to contact with New Outlook for Windows' specializing team directly? Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support.

    Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated.

    Hope you all the best!

    Alex | Microsoft Community Moderator.

    Hello - still waiting for a fix on the task bar not auto-hiding when Outlook is open. When will this be fixed? It is highly annoying and I don't want to have to hit the Windows key every time I want the task bar to appear. I have the auto-hide feature activated for a reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T14:21:40+00:00

    Can't believe they haven't sorted this issue, it's so frustrating - every time I'm in outlook I have to swipe up with three fingers to see all the windows, and then choose whatever I'm trying to switch to. Such an easy fix for them. I even prefer the new Outlook, especially the ability to pin emails which has been happening on the web version for a while, but this full-screen thing is so so annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T07:13:36+00:00

    Exactly same here, main monitor (laptop) wont show task bar when outlook maximised, Monitor 2 No problem and changing the resolution doesen't change it either... lol I exported an email from the new outlook the other day then dbl clicked the file to open it in outlook again, "sorry this version of outlook does not support this action yet" flicked back to the old outlook version, worked straight away. It should be noted more clearly this version of Outlook is BETA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T06:59:25+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, I have 3 monitors, the taskbar will appear when Outlook365 is on either of my 2nd or 3rd monitors but not my main monitor. The taskbar works as expected for all other apps that are maximised.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments