Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Thanks for the workaround to Microsoft's misstep in the new Outlook version!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.
With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).
You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .
Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0
<Changed to a question>
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Thanks for the workaround to Microsoft's misstep in the new Outlook version!
Dear Jim Reis, I return Scale to 150 ( which is recommended by Windows for my laptop) and issue go off. every time when my pointer is going to bottom, task bar shown.
I had done that previously, but our outfit is pretty much set up to automatically update "everything" when any new releases or fixes are announced, and that "Switch to Classic" option seems to have gone away.
However, from my computer(s), it now appears that the problem, along with some other petty, but severely annoying bugs have now been corrected.
With a deep dive into settings, I pretty much have Outlook working in a convenient and reliable fashion, and I sincerely hope others are having the same experience. The only complaint I have with Outlook at this point is that I would like it to launch on start up. I think that's possible, but haven't had time to figure out how to make it happen.
I just noticed a "switch to classic outlook" on the top toolbar in outlook... a few seconds later I was in classic outlook and everything horrible about outlook went away. Taskbar works as designed now.
I'll use this for a few years while MS gets absorbed by Google and **** like this finally gets fixed.