new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T17:28:53+00:00

    I had done that previously, but our outfit is pretty much set up to automatically update "everything" when any new releases or fixes are announced, and that "Switch to Classic" option seems to have gone away.

    However, from my computer(s), it now appears that the problem, along with some other petty, but severely annoying bugs have now been corrected.

    With a deep dive into settings, I pretty much have Outlook working in a convenient and reliable fashion, and I sincerely hope others are having the same experience. The only complaint I have with Outlook at this point is that I would like it to launch on start up. I think that's possible, but haven't had time to figure out how to make it happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T16:50:40+00:00

    I just noticed a "switch to classic outlook" on the top toolbar in outlook... a few seconds later I was in classic outlook and everything horrible about outlook went away. Taskbar works as designed now.

    I'll use this for a few years while MS gets absorbed by Google and **** like this finally gets fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:51:32+00:00

    Except...No, it isn't.

    Microsoft pushed the new version on me this morning without even the option of declining or reverting, just a terse "Opening New Outlook" message (without even the perfunctory [OK] button to click), an abrupt closure of the old version and the launching of New Outlook in all it's buggy glory.

    Microsoft has NOT fixed the problem and they have exacerbated it by making it impossible to revert to a working version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T03:16:32+00:00

    Well they finally fixed it. I have this version:

    Version

    You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.223.300 (Production).Client Version is 20240223002.08 .

    And now I am able to unhide the Taskbar.:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T11:08:59+00:00

    we shouldn't have to do that.

    they need to ask CoPilot how to fis this.

    and also ask how to make the notifications work for ALL email accounts not just Primary and secondary and ALSO PLAY THE SOUND

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments