new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T17:00:17+00:00

    I went back to old Outlook long ago. It is painfully obvious MS has no desire to supports its hardware.

    Thank you,

    Jim Reis

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T15:04:11+00:00

    Totally agree with this point, all this forum keeps on asking is to go to feedback forum. My users was frustrated with this one item so I told them to go back to the previous Outlook client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T08:06:40+00:00

    I had the option to revert to the old Outlook. That seems to work without problems and I'm more at home there.

    In the process of changing and checking for solutions, the MS solution was to use the Windows key, a very frustrating alternative!!

    BTW: I returned to using Outlook and One-Drive about a month ago after a few years using non-MS products. Mostly OK so far although One-Drive also does not always sync as I would expect. Again, difficult to find support documentation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T20:56:27+00:00

    Pressing the Windows key works instantly on my Windows 10 Pro OS, still very annoying though.

    I'm guessing if you have two screens, it's not an issue, but no use if you only have the one screen.

    I'm no luddite, I embrace change when there are genuine improvements, but don't try fix what isn't broken. The old version of Outlook was fine.

    Also, I'm running a Dell Precision Tower 5810 workstation with an Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4. and 32 Gb of DDR4 EEC RDIMM.

    Rock solid & goes like stink, but Microsoft have deemed this is not suitable for upgrading to Windows 11.

    There is no way I'm binning this PC for a new one until really need to.

    I've no doubt Microsoft will come up with some updates in the near future to sabotage older Windows 10 systems to force us to upgrade as they did with Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T19:15:48+00:00

    Totally agree, my workaround is to press the windows key. this brings up the task bar & start menu,

    This doesn’t work in Win 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments