Unable to move emails between different inboxes?!

Anonymous
2024-04-08T23:38:20+00:00

On my new outlook I'm unable to move/drag emails between different inboxes. I used to be able to do this on the old outlook application but now that I've transferred to the new one I cannot anymore.

As I have 3 different emails on my one app being our stores email, my own work email and my bosses inboxes all on my one application this is such an important feature I need to be able to sort and organise emails around the different inboxes.

Someone please help or have a solution for this!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T05:34:51+00:00

    Reverted to the "Old Outlook" as this feature is so important for our business processes that productivity decreased by an order of magnitude (we are now forwarding emails between accounts instead of just drag and dropping, and it's dozen of mails for dozens of employees... it's insane).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T18:27:03+00:00

    Hi All any updates on this original issue of "Moving emails from one account to another?" or are we still in the dark ages

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T22:57:59+00:00

    I agree, it’s ridiculous, when are Microsoft going to resolve this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T17:27:58+00:00

    It is now December 25, 2024, and it is still not possible to move emails from one mailbox to another under New Outlook like it was possible to do under the old Outlook.

    When will Microsoft issue a patch to correct this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-12T10:00:17+00:00

    This is just one of the many things that MS has scrapped that were great features of Classic.

    Wait until you find out that you can only delete 10 contacts at a time. Meaning, if you want to clean up your contacts in a spreadsheet and import them back into the new Outlook, you will need to delete your existing contacts 10 at a time before you can, or you will have duplicates. Thankfully, you can still switch back to Classic and delete them all at once.

    New Outlook has potential, but MS should think twice about removing so many intrinsic features.

    I agree and I have reverted to Classic Outlook, but even doing this does not give me access to my iCloud calendar. New Outlook is not a change for the better, it has caused so many problems, I hate it!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments