Unable to move emails between different inboxes?!

Anonymous
2024-04-08T23:38:20+00:00

On my new outlook I'm unable to move/drag emails between different inboxes. I used to be able to do this on the old outlook application but now that I've transferred to the new one I cannot anymore.

As I have 3 different emails on my one app being our stores email, my own work email and my bosses inboxes all on my one application this is such an important feature I need to be able to sort and organise emails around the different inboxes.

Someone please help or have a solution for this!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T09:20:33+00:00

    Cant move emails between different accounts, can't open attachments in native apps or in browser, can't easily save to different location.

    Not Fit For Purpose!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T01:26:00+00:00

    Hi - how could you release a new version of Outlook without such a feature, which is critical to any advanced user ? it was available in the previous version - when will you make it available again?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T10:03:14+00:00

    I agree - NEW Outlook is TERRIBLE!!! the loss of functionality that the classic version had is hard to believe! So much more limiting and far less agile and intuitive. Clunky and inflexible, missing the point that many people operate several different accounts. For a company that is supposed to invest in R&D - maybe asking the clients/users what they like/need/want is helpful.....I feel railroaded into a much lower quality product that does not support efficient or effective practices which is very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T14:10:04+00:00

    Bumping this thread... we need to keep it alive. Ridiculous these steps backward in new Outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T14:15:36+00:00

    I couldn't agree more, being forced across to a new platform this month July/24 and the outlook application cannot do what microsoft have made redundant, i.e.

    Office 2007 All Versions
    Office 2010 All Versions
    Office 2013 Versions prior to 15.0.4971.1000 of Office 2013 (Service Pack 1 with the October 2017 Update)
    Office 2016 MSI Versions prior to 16.0.4600.1000 of Office 2016 (With the November 2017 Update, KB 4051890)
    Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise;(formerly Office 365 ProPlus) 1705 and older

    This is a step backwards by the company, forcing users on to a sub par version of outlook unless your willing to pay a Premium subscription price to MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments