New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-20T07:21:59+00:00

    It does not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T10:13:52+00:00

    This option does not seem to exist in the New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T18:15:21+00:00

    And here's another shortcoming, unless someone has a solution. When you receive a document attached to an email, you get the option to open it in Word. Thing is, it only opens as a 'read only' file and you can't change the status in the reviewing tab, so if it something you want to edit, you have to save it, reopen it, etc. In the old Outlook that was not the case. Yet another cumbersome enhancement. Well done Microsoft !

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T05:44:10+00:00

    Kerry,

    those options do not work.

    I agree with all the comments below.

    the new outlook is appalling and is as bad as if not worse that gmail.

    I was forced to move to the new outlook because i subscribed to Co-pilot and it is doubling the time I spend sending emails.

    you need to do something to fix this asap.

    as well as the multitude of other issues as well as this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T00:51:31+00:00

    Hi,

    To fix this please follow the below steps.

    In your New Outlook,

    1. Click on New => Mail

    Image

    1. In the new email, click on Options => Editor => Editor Settings

    Image

    1. Enable the "Enable auto capitalization" => click ok

    Image

    Hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments