New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T18:12:23+00:00

    Dear Gylfi Már Ágústsson

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you!

    Based on your description, To turn on auto capitalization of the first word of a sentence in the New Outlook, please follow these steps: click create a new message>click Message>click options like following>choose change case>To capitalize the first letter of a sentence and leave all other letters as lowercase, click Sentence case. For your reference

    Image

    If you still need further help or I misunderstood your meaning, please kindly correct me and tell me more details so that I can do further research and tests, thanks.

    Thanks in advance for your understanding! Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Hope you all the best!

    Sincerely,

    Kerry Chen | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T08:20:51+00:00

    Hello it dont work. i want to have it auto like in the old Outlook. First letter Upper auto.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T07:13:04+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same problem. I want to set up auto capitalization like it was default in the old version. I want to start writing new email and automatically have a uppercase first letter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T12:48:31+00:00

    Auto capitalize the first letter of each new sentence. - Microsoft Community this is what i would like to know for the new outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T11:10:20+00:00

    I tried the solution also, and it didn't work.

    Further, in the 'old' Outlook, which I loved, all the shortcuts that I have in Word, like autocorrect, worked in Outlook. That functionality has disappeared. Also, certain fonts have disappeared. And when I have been working on a document and close it and then want to attach it to an email, the latest version I worked on does not appear as an option to connect. And and and. I could go on and on.

    Microsoft has made Outlook no better than gmail. Maybe worse. Why not just upgrade the old outlook versus apparently starting over?. Very frustrating. Makes me less efficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments