New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:46:05+00:00

    nope! it doesn't work at all! wasted more time with wrong instructions - as a few have stated -

    i'm using m/s office professional plus, so i don't think it makes any difference which vs you're using.

    sure, i have found Sentence case, but the ONLY time that works is if i have highlighted the text in the first place. that is even more time-consuming. pointless upgrading, when Microsoft has actually gone backwards here!

    i mean, look at this sentence and all the above.....where's the capitals and why does i still show as lower i, instead of I????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T07:13:03+00:00

    Same here, can anyone help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T07:12:22+00:00

    I am finding the same, I want the old version back or at least the same features.

    Allyson

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T17:16:59+00:00

    I see many posts regarding the auto capitalization of the first word in a sentence. It is so annoying. I do not see a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T13:13:41+00:00

    Further problem. I can't highlight and copy an email address from a web page and then paste it into the TO line of an email that I want to draft. I could do that in the old Outlook. New Outlook is awful. Just awful. Decreases my productivity significantly. I'll probably switch to Yahoo or Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments