New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T17:44:09+00:00

    I am abandoning the 'New' Outlook. It is seriously inferior to the long standing 'Old' Outlook.

    1. It does not empty the deleted folder automatically on exit. (I do understand that exit and log out are two different things, but bottom line, it doesn't work, where the Old Outlook did.)
    2. It does NOT automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence. (The Capitalization feature suggested in the forums does not function as a 'setting').
    3. The setting options are far fewer and scattered all over the place, instead of being located in a single menu area. (You have to hunt down the location of every single setting via an internet search.)

    This is just my list.

    Apparently, there are many other deficiencies irritating many other users as well. Just take a look at the posts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T10:13:52+00:00

    This option does not seem to exist in the New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T09:51:52+00:00

    This does not work, fyi!

    Just tried it and does not work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T11:18:16+00:00

    This does not work, fyi!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T11:19:02+00:00

    I just learned, by accident, that if you use the dictation feature (which frustratingly no longer appears in the ribbon), it capitalizes the first letter when you start a new sentence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments