New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T22:17:29+00:00

    Please correct this, it's extremely frustrating especially since this is basic grammar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T08:20:51+00:00

    Hello it dont work. i want to have it auto like in the old Outlook. First letter Upper auto.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T09:37:11+00:00

    Does not work as you type, you have to highlight all text and then select Sentence Case each and every time you write an email. This is not a replacement for Auto-Capitalize that has been a feature of Outlook for well over a decade. It should be an option in the Editor or Auto-Formatting.

    There are many other threads about this and nothing is happening, can't you escalate to a dev that can actually sort the issue and give us back this missing functionality we are all accustomed too?

    Its a poor oversite tbh, most of the office have gone back to the old version because of this **** functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T11:10:20+00:00

    I tried the solution also, and it didn't work.

    Further, in the 'old' Outlook, which I loved, all the shortcuts that I have in Word, like autocorrect, worked in Outlook. That functionality has disappeared. Also, certain fonts have disappeared. And when I have been working on a document and close it and then want to attach it to an email, the latest version I worked on does not appear as an option to connect. And and and. I could go on and on.

    Microsoft has made Outlook no better than gmail. Maybe worse. Why not just upgrade the old outlook versus apparently starting over?. Very frustrating. Makes me less efficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T07:13:04+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same problem. I want to set up auto capitalization like it was default in the old version. I want to start writing new email and automatically have a uppercase first letter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments