my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T17:19:33+00:00

    Happened to me this morning too. Not in deleted, trash, junk or anywhere else. It's not me because it would be a multi-step process to make them vanish. I can accidently click on one bad command, but not several. All I see are the standard copy and paste replies from MS. Nothing useful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T21:02:20+00:00

    happend to me as well today. Any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T22:38:35+00:00

    A mi me pasó el domingo por la tarde, me desaparecieron los recibidos, los enviados y los marcados. No encuentro solución, y contactar con alguien del soporte tecnico es difícil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T23:29:36+00:00

    Are you using Outlook (new) apparently there a loads of bugs

    If you go back to outlook (classic) - I found all my emails in the deleted items

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T13:53:07+00:00

    Well

    After long hours with their costumer support. their reply is " I am sorry to inform you that your emails cannot be recoverd"

    !!!

    this cannot be true. people using MS cloud, one drive, outlook for years. and suddenly all just gone due to a bug from their side?

    is MS not relaible?

    So why should I pay for it?

    They said they have many complaints- but where is the responsibilty?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments