my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T14:21:51+00:00

    only solace is apparently im not the only person having this issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Reported
    Anonymous
    2024-10-08T14:21:09+00:00

    currently have this issue too and MS support is beyond terrible. Have hours into trying to solve it.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T05:13:47+00:00

    This has just happened to me today. What the heck. Why is it happening to people

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Reported
    Anonymous
    2024-09-26T07:39:23+00:00

    Hi no never found a solution. What I can tell you is if you search the theme or name or title... Then the old emails come up.. That's how I recovered my father's mails. But all folders and old emails are gone somewhere... Meaning not visible. But definitely still there somewhere as they show up when I input a title etc in the search bar... Just no idea where and how to recover them. If you find a way do let me know

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T07:35:21+00:00

    Hi none of these worked. What I find is if I type in say the title of an email or the theme then old emails appear... Meaning they must be somewhere... But nothing to be found in archive rules all that everyone has mentioned. Very frustrating and sad cause all the folders with my communication with my father over the years is gone... And he passed last year. A good reminder, this digital world is truly only a puuf in the sky that can be gone in a second.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments