my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T12:54:38+00:00

    If you use apple mail, my easy fix on your iPhone or iPad was to go to

    Settings

    Apps

    Mail

    Mail accounts

    Choose your outlook email account

    Choose Mail Days to Sync

    Ensure Mail Days to Sync is set to “No Limit” & all my emails returned immediately

    Make sure this is set on both your iPad & iPhone settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:50:48+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    All folders is empty this morning 04.mars.2025.

    I only use https://outlook.live.com/ in browser google chrome Versjon 125.0.6422.142.

    Versjon Windows 10 Home

    Versjon 22H2

    Installert den ‎31.‎01.‎2021

    Operativsystembygg 19045.5487

    Opplevelse Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19061.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T12:00:50+00:00

    This happened to me this morning but I was able to resolve it with the following instructions:

    Reset your Outlook mailbox folder: Right-click on the folder > Properties > Clear Offline Items > OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T15:57:27+00:00

    This has just happened to me yesterday! Suddenly a lot of old inbox messages have gone and I have about 9 left - that is totally unusual. I have done same and searched for some which were in 'trash' for some reason - but they are todays ones which I know I haven't deleated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T13:23:39+00:00

    Thank you!! This worked.

    I'm no computer expert so I'll share the steps I took to simplify this for people like me out there.

    In Outlook, go to file, account setting, account setting, data files, then click on your email account name, click "open file location", then locate your latest Outlook data file and re-name it (add "- old" to the end of the file), note your Outlook needs to be closed before it let you rename the file. Then re-open Outlook, this will force the program to download data from the server and somehow magically you'll start seeing emails show up in your inbox. I hope this helps some folks out there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments