my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-04T06:43:53+00:00

    in my google chrome web browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T09:54:57+00:00

    Hi

    This happened to me yesterday - Emails are missing from a specific date (13/02/2025 to 09/04/2025) - both inbox and sent items - all the changes I made to the mailbox since the last email13/02/2025 to 09/04/2025 has been lost. Outlook downloaded all the mail from the 09/04/2025 again as if its new mail - but these are not duplicated - so its like I never had all those emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-05T19:16:49+00:00

    It was missing from my new Outlook app on Windows 10.

    I found more email in the Outlook 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-01T19:37:43+00:00

    For us, mere mortals, how in the world do you rebuild an .ost file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T07:06:30+00:00

    That happened to me too. I have no idea where all my emails went... It's very disappointing and I think it should be illegal and not accepted from a trustable public plateform !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments