Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
HI
thanks for replying - none of those are it.
checked all of it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.
I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.
HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.
Thank you Barbara Droubay
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
HI
thanks for replying - none of those are it.
checked all of it.
Not showing up in any folders. Have not deleted any thing.
Web browser. Google
Hello Barbara,
I'm Soji and I'll be happy to answer your questions. I am a Microsoft consumer and an independent advisor with no account access.
For clarity, this is a public user-to-user support forum. We are users just like you who help other users. User account cannot be accessed.
Usually, emails disappear when you accidentally delete or archive them in Outlook. It may also be an indicator of your account being compromised and used by someone else without your authorization.
Also, incorrect settings, rules, and filters may also give the impression that emails are disappearing.
Check your deleted items folder: If the emails were deleted, they may still be recoverable from your deleted items folder. Check to see if they are there and if so, restore them to your inbox.
Check other folders: If the emails were moved to a different folder, they may be located in one of your other email folders. Check your other folders to see if the emails are there.
Check your archive: If you have an archive folder set up, the missing emails may have been automatically moved there. Check your archive folder to see if the emails are there.
Check your email rules: If you have email rules set up to automatically move or delete emails, it's possible that the missing emails were affected by one of these rules. Check your rules to see if they could be the cause of the issue.
Helpful Article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/email-is-missing-from-your-outlook-com-inbox-c70b4a9a-caa5-4e8c-a88a-3372215af25e
Looking forward to your response and If this resolves the issue, help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
Thank you for the kind understanding.
Best Regards.
And how are you accessing your email?
In a web browser?
Via the Win11 Mail app?
Or MS Outlook as a component of O365?