my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T09:47:57+00:00

    This happened to me this morning and this thread filled me with dread but I found a solution from my end.

    For some bizarre reason, a filter had applied itself, I spotted it in the bottom left corner. I dont know how it got applied but when I 'cleared all filters', all my emails reappeared.

    View ribbon - View Settings - Filter - Clear All

    Hope this helps people

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-01T19:37:43+00:00

    For us, mere mortals, how in the world do you rebuild an .ost file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T07:06:30+00:00

    That happened to me too. I have no idea where all my emails went... It's very disappointing and I think it should be illegal and not accepted from a trustable public plateform !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:50:48+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    All folders is empty this morning 04.mars.2025.

    I only use https://outlook.live.com/ in browser google chrome Versjon 125.0.6422.142.

    Versjon Windows 10 Home

    Versjon 22H2

    Installert den ‎31.‎01.‎2021

    Operativsystembygg 19045.5487

    Opplevelse Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19061.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T16:35:46+00:00

    hi not sure. i mean i intalled windows 11 on my new computer and follwed the set up wizard. not sure what to tell you - i dont know really what you are asking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments