my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T07:01:36+00:00

    I tried that and it retrieved everything in the Archive folder, however now I've lost everything in my main folder. I'm hoping that if I rename it everything will come back (ie, those bits that weren't lost before at least).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T13:25:42+00:00

    yeah, sorry but that doesn't solve the problem. The archive is a mirror of the new outlook structure and not my previous file hierarchy which contains all my past emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T11:00:04+00:00

    Scroll down in your Outlook Folder list to near the bottom where there is a folder called "Online Archive". You should see a replica of your folder structure and your emails should be in there. Note emails older than 6 months may be moved by your system to your 'Online Archive'. Its an automatic MS tool that helps keep your main Inbox clean and performing. Once your Inbox gets clogged up with old emails everything runs slower in your main Inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-05T22:47:48+00:00

    me too...gone. idk why

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-04T06:43:53+00:00

    in my google chrome web browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments