How to Add Shared Mailbox in New Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-30T03:18:37+00:00

Hi all, I am the System administrator. Recently we would like to tried a new outlook, but we need add the shared mailbox to user,

we tried to add account but it needs password, and the shared mailbox is no password, in classic  outlook if administrator adds permission in Exchange, after a few minutes the mailbox will show in the left panel

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T08:12:54+00:00

    Looks like adding shared mailboxes as an account is scheduled for rollout in January 2025.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=375635

    This is already in the Mac Version. Total game changer! Finally I can use the shared mailboxes in collaboration with my colleagues without hassle. The "Group by conversation" is so welcome feature as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T08:44:12+00:00

    This is already in the Mac Version. Total game changer! Finally I can use the shared mailboxes in collaboration with my colleagues without hassle. The "Group by conversation" is so welcome feature as well.

    Tragically, the 'Group by conversation' option has been available for a long time but never worked for shared mailboxes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T08:54:48+00:00

    In the Mac Version, with the shared mailbox as an account, this works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T09:32:29+00:00

    I don't think it counts as a game changer as the function works perfectly in old outlook and new outlook broke something that was completely functioning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T00:28:03+00:00

    I think I was able to find a fix for this. If you go to the "View tab" and then "View settings", then "Compose and reply" and then check off "always show bcc" and "always show From", it seems to properly reply from the shared email (and not from the main account email). It doesn't fix the viewing settings -- my shared inboxes are still (frustratingly) buried but at least I don't have to panic about where the emails are being sent from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments