How to Add Shared Mailbox in New Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-30T03:18:37+00:00

Hi all, I am the System administrator. Recently we would like to tried a new outlook, but we need add the shared mailbox to user,

we tried to add account but it needs password, and the shared mailbox is no password, in classic  outlook if administrator adds permission in Exchange, after a few minutes the mailbox will show in the left panel

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T14:30:14+00:00

    Looks like MS are aware of this and it's in the pipeline to be added, but not until October 2024 (feature ID: 388913)

    Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T11:12:58+00:00

    ...and is still horribly broken as of this writing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T08:20:47+00:00

    When using Outlook in web browser I noticed I could add a shared folder and it showed up under my main inbox as expected. Seeing as there is no visual difference that I can see in new Outlook vs Web Outlook. I decided to just install Web Outlook as web app on my desktop (How to install website as an app).

    I have now used this for over two months and have only had issues when having to open .eml files I have to open in classic Outlook. But last I tried this in New Outlook it didn't work there either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T20:03:12+00:00

    I have finally been given a solution to this issue, after many, many back-and-forths with Microsoft. Not sure why they wouldn't release this information to admins when they started pushing New Outlook, but I'm at least glad to have finally found a working answer.

    Essentially, you need to follow the steps in this article.

    Troubleshoot shared mailboxes in new Outlook - Deploy Office | Microsoft Learn

    You will be setting the mailbox policy to true with the following attribute:

    -OneWinNativeOutlookEnabled $true

    I opted to use the second option, 'Custom OWA Mailbox policy' so I could test before pushing this policy to all mailboxes in our organization.

    I did eventually set the Default as well, and have not noticed any unexpected changes to the applied mailboxes.

    Hopefully others following along can apply this and finally have this issue behind them!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T14:41:59+00:00

    The issue is not with the Calendar, it is with accessing the Shared Mailbox for the account. While I can add the calendar without any errors, this does not make the mailbox work.

    I am the administrator and I have given myself full read and manage permissions to the Shared Mailbox. Permissions is not the cause of this issue, rather a broken feature in the app.

    Hello All,

    Make sure your administrators have given you read and manage permissions for that specific Shared Mailbox
    Now, if a new calendar has been created by Shared mailbox you should be able to add calendar manually.
    Make sure the calendar you are trying to access has been shared with you.

    First click Add Calendar, then select Edit my calendar OR use Add from Directory.
    Type the name of external or shared mailbox email address and it should let you select it and add to list.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments