How to Add Shared Mailbox in New Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-30T03:18:37+00:00

Hi all, I am the System administrator. Recently we would like to tried a new outlook, but we need add the shared mailbox to user,

we tried to add account but it needs password, and the shared mailbox is no password, in classic  outlook if administrator adds permission in Exchange, after a few minutes the mailbox will show in the left panel

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T16:37:40+00:00

    Good morning,

    I had the same question and I do see the "shared with me" section in the new outlook. Because the inbox in the shared mailbox I often need to monitor is buried in 3 subfolders, I wanted to add the inbox of that mailbox to the favorites section as I could in the old outlook. If I right click on "favorites" and add the mailbox, it displays the mailbox name, but all I see is sent and deleted items. I tried the filter, but it won't show new email, the inbox, or anything of use. I'm not sure how this is beneficial at all, is there something I am missing?

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T05:18:53+00:00

    Hello IT_Support_RD,

    Good day!

    If you add the permissions in Exchange, the shared mailbox should appear in the new outlook under the shared with me folder after a few minutes. You can expand it to see if this is the case.

    ->If it is still not appearing, you can try to add it with the following steps and check whether the shared mailbox displays in your Folder list under this folder.

    1. right-click on the account name or shared with me folder in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder or mailbox.
    2. In the Add shared folder or mailbox.  dialog box, type the name or email address of the shared mailbox, and then click Add.

    .

    Looking forward to your response.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments