Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
5 months later... come on Microsoft this needs fixing!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi all, I am the System administrator. Recently we would like to tried a new outlook, but we need add the shared mailbox to user,
we tried to add account but it needs password, and the shared mailbox is no password, in classic outlook if administrator adds permission in Exchange, after a few minutes the mailbox will show in the left panel
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
5 months later... come on Microsoft this needs fixing!
You use the previous version.
Good morning,
I had the same question and I do see the "shared with me" section in the new outlook. Because the inbox in the shared mailbox I often need to monitor is buried in 3 subfolders, I wanted to add the inbox of that mailbox to the favorites section as I could in the old outlook. If I right click on "favorites" and add the mailbox, it displays the mailbox name, but all I see is sent and deleted items. I tried the filter, but it won't show new email, the inbox, or anything of use. I'm not sure how this is beneficial at all, is there something I am missing?
How do you take the mailbox out of the shared with me folder so that it looks like it's own account like the previous outlook version?