Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:22:12+00:00

    Since this mishappen is knows since more than a year it is evident that in a next Office update this is corrected or ?
    Lets hope for the best

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:26:11+00:00

    Thanks Fatima,

    you got this wrong, Greg (see below) re-explained it in his words,i am sure you wil understand now and solve the problem rather fast.

    Please bring back this simple find (Crtl F) functionality as soon as possible ....!

    yours truly

    TK

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:28:01+00:00

    Exactly Greg,

    I did even not try out their workaround !
    Hopefully they undrerstand now !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:34:54+00:00

    Indeed this is the (only) reason I still use the classic one too

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:39:08+00:00

    Unfortunately not, as your reply was very complicated and apparently you did not understand the problem : I want to search WITHIN an email body of imaging 900+ lines.
    Please read carfully also Gregs reply blow ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments